Charlotte woke up at 2:30 to eat and instead of nicely falling asleep afterwards, like she usually does, she was awake, grunting and fussing. I was so tempted just to put her in bed with us, but then I freaked myself out with thoughts of rolling on top of her. I took her downstairs and tried relaxing/napping on the couch with her. She continued to fuss until I sat up and checked facebook at which point she conked out. I headed upstairs and put her in bed and slid under the covers excited to go to sleep. Not 1 minute later she starts grunting and fussing and is on the brink of screaming. So I am back downstairs entertaining myself on the computer and sadly nobody has updated facebook, google reader, pintrest, or gmail since I checked them at 3AM. Now you get to read my ramblings typed one handed....and yes she is sleeping soundly. First things first...cute pics of baby girl (all taken by my incredibly talented friend Alicia at http://www.aliciahphotography.com/):
5 comments:
K, so we have totally slept with our babies in our beds. I asked our pediatrician about it once and he said that if I weighed 500lbs and was a totally heavy sleeper he might worry but as it stands we would notice if we rolled over. I know it seems freaky, but at some point you are desperate for some sleep! Also, I have a friend where she and her husband trade days so that at least every other day one of them gets some sleep. Worth a shot if you don't feel comfortable with them in your bed. Good luck! The sleep thing is so hard. It does get better though!
Briahna
Such cute pictures! When my babies wouldn't sleep at night I would put them in t heir bouncer chair or swing and I'd sleep on the couch. It totally worked for those few weeks until they get their days and nights straight! Good luck!
ADORABLE!!! I really don't miss thos sleepless nights. But you forget about them down the road. And really, thanks for sharing your life. I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile.
Heather--she is so precious!!
My advice to you is DO NOT give in and bring her to bed-because with my own experience it is REALLY hard to get them to sleep in their own bed after they realize how nice it is with mom and dad. (Adelaide is 14 months now, has a nasty cold, and came to bed with me in the middle of the night last night--so maybe I don't follow my own advice!! :) Good luck
Those are BEAUTIFUL pics...I haven't checked your blog for awhile and am catching up on all of your fun {random} posts.
Post a Comment